Ayodele

Ayodele
SEEKERS IN SACRED NIGHTS

Friday 6 February 2015

Dream Before My Death

DREAM BEFORE MY DEALTH - Ayo Omotola

I had thought I was timid
Until the brandishing of their swords.
In their hundreds, I was enclosed
And my offence, they never told.

To fight and be killed I saw as honour
Than to make a bloodless sucide attempt
At a stretch of hand, I got a sword.
How much blood a sword can shed
With such unnumbered surrounded foes?

All of a sudden, the fear was gone
With the same neglected mind of sucide
I plunged myself into the heat of war

The gash was deep and the wound was cruel
So I heard from the doctor-in-charge
To every food they brought, my head I shook
Oh no the loved ones began to weep.

How many time have I told you not to cry?
To safe the tears for more to come.
At evening, in the coolness of breeze
I decided to go...
To wave a hand was really a pain
The damage was much, the hand was heavy
But I'm glad the lips could say the dream

After my lisping a man appears
From his hair to his very sole
The rest covered in his glorious white.
I saw my sword in his dazzling hand
He beckoned by sign, and I followed him.
The rest I'll say when I come back alive.
Because I know I surely live again!

No comments:

Post a Comment